Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Welcome

Hello everyone. Maybe that should be anyone. Anyways, this is my blog and I honestly have no idea where to start except to say that I have a dilemma. My Psych instructor this year is not impressed that the 'n' was removed from the word dilemma. Just this once I will say it like so- 'dilemNa'. No, technically this is not sucking up because my grades are already in.

I suppose stating some of the basics is a good way to get this party started. So here are a couple of my goals/plans:

1. I want to be a writer- again.
2. I want to keep traveling the world- watch out Italy, I'm comin' back.
3. I want to graduate with honours from my Associate Arts Degree
4. Then I have some big decisions to make after that- I'll thrill you with those revelations at a later date.

I think this gives you a little idea about my future goals. More immediately, there are a couple of online places I want to write for and they would like to see my work. Herein lies my dilemma.

I used to write for a local newspaper called the "Little Gazette." Sadly, it has been defunct for many years and our library does not have any copies. It appears that I may no longer have mine either. I was looking at them about two years ago and noticed that the pages had yellowed and become brittle. I thought to myself, "Self, do I keep these until they become dust or do I put them in one of those 'safe places' for later."

If you have one of those 'safe places' at home you know, and I know, that safe actually means that the item was dumped into a blackhole because it will never be seen again. Add to the dilemma the fact that I can't even remember what my final decision was regarding my brittle newspapers. Do not worry, I'll keep searching and I think I may have a solution. My Grandma.

Don't laugh. I'm tellin' the truth. My Grandma keeps all sorts of stuff. Except, I think she sent me the articles she had in order to clear out some of her things.

Ok, that's my dilemma in a nutshell- bigger than a walnut shell granted. Unless you've seen "Land of the Lost" with Will Ferrell- that is one big nut (take that however you may).

No comments:

Post a Comment